The Austen Group became a division of Ruffalo Noel Levitz in 2013. The division’s Cost and Curriculum Analysis helps an institution determine how well academic programs and majors contribute to its mission and bottom line.
The Analysis examines the program mix, demand and cost for undergraduate and graduate academic programs. Based upon a course level analysis of all offerings, we provide guidance in allocating resources to strengthen the overall academic program.
We collect the following information from the institution for the analysis:
- Course information
- Prospective student (inquiries and enrolled) anticipated major
- Graduate data by major
- Financial information for faculty
- Department operating budgets
Understanding Program Mix
CCA reports provide data that enable leaders to effectively strategize in light of mission, demand and cost. The report is organized into six major sections:
- External demand – prospective student information
- Internal demand – graduates by major
- Course registration – head count and student credit hours by general education and the major
- Costs – total cost and cost by student credit hour in general education and the major
- Integrated analysis of demand, cost and yield
The Austen Group also partners with several national organizations to provide benchmarking to their members:
We collaborate with the CIC to create Financial Indicators Tool (FIT) and Key Indicators Tool reports. For more information or a sample report, go here for CIC Financial Indicators Tool (FIT) or CIC Financial Indicators Tool (KIT).
We collaborate with CCCU to create the CCCU Member Institution Financial Ratios Report. For more information please contact Walter Miller at the CCCU.
We collaborate with ABACC to create Annual Financial Ratio and Benchmarking reports. For more information about the report, visit ABACC’s Financial Ratio and Benchmarking Study.